As Internet/Network Marketers we’re ALWAYS hearing about the “do’s and don’ts” of having your own list…”Don’t abuse the list, rather nurture it“, “Don’t send emails too often“, “Don’t constantly promote but rather give value“, “Grab and keep the reader’s attention…don’t be boring” and I concur…it’s all true and what a good list owner should be doing.
However… the subscribers who sign UP on the lists should show some respect and courtesy to the list owners too! (Can I get a “WHOOT-WHOOT” from my fellow marketers?)
Okay, so if you’ve visited someone’s website and signed up to their list because YOU wanted information or something from them, then please take heed to the following:
- Don’t subscribe more than once to the same list because you think it didn’t go through the first time.
- Do check your SPAM folder or simply wait at least 10 minutes to see if you get the email you’re waiting for. If not, simply contact the list owner directly (contact info should be posted on the very site you visited to have subscribed in the first place) and let them know you haven’t receive it yet. If the list owner has indicated right off the bat that it will take a certain amount of time such as 24 hours, etc…please be patient and wait for it
- Don’t send emails about YOUR business/service or pretty much anything else outside of questions, comments or kudos re: something the list owner sent you – Remember, you signed up to THEIR list, not the other way around! Opting into someone’s site/list gives the list owner the right to email YOU, but it does NOT give YOU the right to send them pitches! Oh and even worst is when the email is a reply to one of the emails sent out by the list owner (evident by the subject line)…build your OWN list!
- Don’t email the list owner to say “Unsubscribe me” or “Remove me from this list”, etc. UNLESS, there are no “unsubscribe” instructions or a link in the email(s). But any GOOD autoresponder should have unsubscribe instructions at the end of every email you receive from them
- Do take the time and the initiative to scroll down and remove yourself from a list you no longer wish to be part of!
Following this simple “list subscriber etiquette” will ensure a happy, healthy relationship between you and your list owner(s)! 🙂'Til next time... bye for now!
To YOUR Success,
P.S: Got a business you need more exposure to?
Grab my FREE Build Your Business Online Success Formula that
helped me build a strong customer base and generate a CONSISTENT
monthly income in my business!